The Federation of Veterinarians of Europe
The Federation of Veterinarians of Europe (FVE), founded in 1975, is an umbrella organisation of veterinary organisations in Europe. The FVE represents 47 veterinary organisations from 40 European countries and includes four sections, each representing a key group in the veterinary profession The European veterinary profession, embodied by FVE, strives to enhance animal health, animal welfare, public health and the protection of the environment by promoting the veterinary profession. Together with its members, FVE aims to support veterinarians in delivering their professional responsibilities to the best possible standard, and that this expertise is recognized and valued by society. Veterinarians play a vital part in society. And FVE plays a vital part in making sure veterinarians can do their jobs well – for everyone’s benefit.
MSD Animal Health/FVE – 2019 Veterinary Student Scholarship Program
MSD Animal Health1 and FVE2 are proud to demonstrate their dedication to veterinary students by providing $5,000 scholarships for a total of USD$ 180,000.00 to be awarded to thirty-six (36) European veterinary students from the 2nd or 3rd year (studying veterinary medicine in a Veterinary Establishment member of the European Association of Establishments for Veterinary Education – EAEVE). The aim is that this grant will enhance their academic experience taking into account merit with some consideration to financial needs and diversity.
• Not been recipients of any previous MSD Animal Health/FVE scholarship;
• Second- and Third-year veterinary students,
• Currently enrolled at a recognized veterinary establishment in their country (a veterinary establishment accredited or approved by the European Association of Establishments for Veterinary Education – EAEVE);
• Citizen of a European country.
Review, evaluation and selection
The review and selection process will be coordinated by the FVE and done by a Review Committee. Members of the Review Committee are representatives from EAEVE, IVSA and FVE.
• Application announcement and launch – 17 July 2019
• Application deadline – 30 October 2019
• Selection process – 30 October – 15 December 2019
• Student and school notification – 8 January 2020
• Public announcement and presentation – 15 January 2020
• Check disbursement – 23 January 2020
(Deadline: 30 October 2019 – by email to firstname.lastname@example.org) are available online at the FVE website and Facebook page. This announcement will be sent to all veterinary schools via the FVE and EAEVE members and to the International Veterinary Students Association (IVSA).
Applications form: bit.ly/msdfvescholarship
No representative from a veterinary school ever evaluates a student from his/her school. Also, no member that is either employee or contracted to work for MSD Animal Health will participate in the selection of any award winners. The applications will be reviewed by the FVE Review Committee which will score each application based on the specific scoring rubric, taking in consideration:
✓ Support letters from Dean and a Professor from his/her faculty (Box N. 2, 0-10 points);
✓ Financial need (Box N. 4, 0-10 points)
✓ Professional involvement (Box N. 5, 0-5 points);
✓ Motivation. Responses to the following questions:
1. Provide a statement of motivation on why you should be eligible for the MSD Animal Health/FVE Scholarship with specific examples of contribution to your school, community, animals, etc. (0-5 points)
2. If you had 5000 euros what research you would carry out (0 – 10 points).
3. How you foresee innovation and digital technology will impact the veterinary profession by 2025 (0-10 points)